Tuesday 13 January 2015

MY BBB NEARLY LEFT...

I think I'm in shock. I am in fact, sure of it. I will not dance around with words, I'll just tell you what happened...

I left for church at 5:05pm (21-day fast still on) and I can say that I was relaxed, calm, even happy. I listened to music on the way so that gbomo-gbomo wouldn't catch me by their trickery - gbomo-gbomo are evil kidnappers who have no intention of asking for ransom money. I got to church and was still happy. At about 5:40pm, I went outside to lead the worship team in pre-service prayers before we went to minister. The moment I started singing, I felt heavy. I couldn't explain where the heaviness came from and I couldn't pray. I sang a song I haven't heard in aeons and I was the only one who sang it start to finish. I still couldn't lead prayers. So I asked the worshippers to just speak in tongues - the language of the Holy Spirit. What was at the back of my mind was that He, the Holy Spirit would speak on my behalf, taking care of what needed to be taken care of. Prayer, or rather, speaking in tongues was done and we went in for the prayer meeting. I felt better.
 



On the way home, I bought bread, sausages and indomie for Aviela. I got home, dropped my bags and as I went to put my dinner, Nanna told me what would have been a horror story. As Avi was having her dinner at exactly the same time I couldn't pray in English words, she chocked on a piece of kpomo, a Nigerian delicacy. Nanna thought she had a piece of bone stuck in her throat and prepared to make her swallow a huge limp of eba which would have made things worse. If you've ever met Avi, you would know she is a drama queen and her Nanna felt she was over reacting, not knowing that my BBB was dying! Because of this, she couldn't do the Heimlich move on her!! I could have come home to massive sorrow!!!


The bible lets me know that God works everything together for my good...sometimes the things that happen are not palatable but He uses what the devil intends for bad to bring good out of our lives. At other times, because He know we cannot handle it, He steps in and gives us another reason to rejoice. I would't be typing this by now. Maybe after many weeks I would say what happened...I don't know. All I know is that Abba had my back today, and made a way of escape for me. The Holy Spirit moved me to speak things I would not have known to say. Abba dispatched an angel to wrestle with death on my behalf. The piece of kpomo came out on it's own!!! That I allowed the Holy Spirit work through me....I am just extremely thankful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment