Friday 23 January 2015

GO YVIE! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away. A King decided to look upon a humble couple and bless them with a daughter. One in whom He delights, in whom He finds much pleasure and loves dearly, one who will fulfill her calling and destiny in Him on earth. So when the couple had their baby, they decided to giver her the following names;



Yvonne - after the yew tree. It is used to make bows - no matter how bows bend, they never break and the arrow gets shot. They named her Strength. 

Onome - a Deltan name meaning "My Own". God was not about to let anyone claim her as theirs; everyone must remember to Whom she belongs.

Oni'nko - Ikom for "I have nobody". But when the little girl grew into a teenager, she had a conversation with her Abba, and she decided the she does have people and the most important of them all was Him; her Abba. So she requested for another name. Redaokim - Love of God. The short form "Reda" means love...

And the little girl grew, her names bearing witness for her. Storms, winds, gales and tempests raged against her at different points of her life. She packed into her life so much that could kill another but Strength spoke up for her. Through out each battle, Abba showed up on her behalf reminded both her and the circumstances she is "My Own"...She went through each dark period remembering to Whom she belongs. And at the end of each trial she realized that she is loved, mostly by her Abba.

And so today, that little girl, me, has come to thank her Abba for adding another year to her life...

Abba, for each sunrise I have seen, each sunset I experienced, each trial that has made me stronger, each joyful moment that has lifted me, for the struggles that taught me to lean on You more, for the little surprises and presents You dropped all along my way...FOR EVERYTHING ABBA!!!!! I say thank You!!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment