Friday 2 January 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Hey!! It's been a while since we  last saw!! We haven't seen each other since, oh, I don't know, last year? Tee-hee!!

Happy New Year! I am so excited that we were able to make it over to 2015 without hitches (and I say this by faith y'all)! Abba has been faithful and has kept His promise and here we are again, at the start of a blank canvas, ready to make the most of this new year.

Well, we closed last year talking about making SMART plans and I went for the crossover service in church and guess what the Word for the year was? It was all about plans. I know that this is the direction that Abba wants for us because it was something that had been on my mind for sometime. Hearing it from Pastor Sarah was a confirmation for me. This is the year of Measurable Success by Planning and Action.

So, this year, we are going to plan for a better year. Genesis 1.1 (AMP) says that God "prepared" the heavens and the earth in the beginning. We are our Father's children and have the same creative ability in us to "prepare" for our 2015 from this beginning. I looked up prepared in that sense and I got amazing synonyms (synonyms - been a while since I did grammar at school...) that clarified this passage for me. He created in advance, He made ready for our use and my favorite, He pre-planned this earth for me. 

We ought to "pre-plan" 2015. It's not a case of each day as it comes or let's take it one day at a time. We were encouraged, nay, instructed to plan for the next 20 years of our life and give it a date (remember the T in SMART) by which time we have executed that plan. I know it seems nearly impossible, especially when we consider the lives we are responsible for. I am still trying to iron that issue out with Nana - she says I'm to scared to take a risk. But maybe risk should be a part of my plan! I intend to be fully self employed, employing others in 4 to 5 years. This means that I have a couple new skills to add to what I already know how to do. It means that I have to go and serve my country - ehn, I neva do NYSC, and so? It means I have to go back to school and acquire the skill I need to run my businesses successfully. A lot has to happen in 5 years or less. These initial years will determine the outcome of the remaining 15years. Will it be easy? Nope. And I don't expect it to be. A lot of hard work is ahead of me and I am not willing to back down. At all.

Whatever or however it may be, have a plan for each week, each month, each year up to 20years (and if you're still in your 20s, you're lucky because time is on your side and you can retire before you're 50, if you plan well!). Don't make resolutions you know you will not keep. Those are vague. Turn them into specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, timed plans. And watch how this year will turn out.

It was when Moses stretched out his hand and rod, that God performed the miracle of parted seas. It was when the priests stepped into the Jordan that God stopped its flow. It is when you plan for success, that God will make it happen. Let's be deliberate this year, for ourselves and our children. Remember, you never reach the destination you don't plan for...
 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment