Wednesday 27 August 2014

Broken yet useful

There was a time when I was married that I was happy. I was the person I dreamed I would be as a kid. I was relaxed and ready for the challenges that I was aware would come. I became preoccupied with being "Mrs". I took care of my home and husband from 2005 to 2009. I was interested in making sure that "he" was happy with me and took no thought to what my Father, God, felt about me. 

 I went to church as normal, did devotions when I could, sometimes never. I prayed in church, I was a Christian as any Christian could be. As much as I was doing the right thing, thinking the right thoughts and maybe speaking the right words. The difference was, I relegated God to the mornings as I prepared for work or just before worship started on Friday and Sunday. I didn't have a good relationship with Him. He wasn't my provider, my husband was. He wasn't my protector, my husband was. He didn't cherish me as much as my husband did (in my mind oh!). Not that God wasn't even more than all these, it's just that my eyes read Psalm 121 but my heart didn't follow suit. I had made my husband my God.

It took separation and divorce to get me to see God as my only source of everything. Please understand, I'm not saying that the divorce was my fault because "I ignored God". Although it could be. The point I'm trying to make is I lost sight of the fact that I was the daughter of the Most High before anything else - wife, mother or even me.

So then. There I was, a suddenly single mom of a nine-week old baby, at a loss for what to do. I was meant to be a married mom, not single mom! I cried out to God to help me and He was silent until I saw what He wanted me to see. This is what He said.  "And don’t be wishing you were someplace else or with someone else. Where you are right now is God’s place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there. God, not your marital status, defines your life. Don’t think I’m being harder on you than on the others. I give this same counsel in all the churches." 1 Corinthians 7:17 (MSG).

 That was the turning point of my life. And that's what I want to share with you today. 

I believe, and this is fact, that God has a plan for each of us. And it's Plan A - Z, and back to the start again. If we veer off course, He has a way of following us on our course and bringing us back to where we were meant to be in the first place. Would you have married him if you knew, that a very short while later, he would die? Maybe, maybe not. My family, mum especially, didn't want me to marry Avi's dad. If I saw how it ended, maybe I would have listened. Then again, maybe not because Avi is so worth doing it all over again, even today. My point is, God doesn't force His ways on us, He wants us to want His way of doing things.

So now what? According to 1Corinthians 7:17, God is Who defines your life. Not being a widow, divorcee, never married mom, not even your single-hood. You are where you're supposed to be, according to God's Plan Z-AB. With all the issues, you're right on track. His plan is for beauty to come out of those ashes and for your life to have meaning. This can only be your reality if you allow Him to take charge and control of your life. If you're born-again, ask Him to help and direct you. 

If you have never made Jesus the Lord of your life, this is the chance to do so. Just repeat this prayer and trust me, things will turn the right side up. Pray where you are, how you are, no special corner, words or position. Say;


Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved.


Welcome to the start of eternity! Welcome to Abba's plan for your life!! Get a bible, join a bible believing church and stay connected, this is about to be the journey of a life time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment